About Eyewear the blog

Eyewear THE BLOG is the most read British poetry blogzine, getting more than 25,000 page-views a month. It began in 2005. and ha snow been read by over 2 million The views expressed by editor Todd Swift are not necessarily shared by the contributing poets and reviewers. Any material on this blog infringing copyright will be removed upon request.


Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Eyewear's Top Songs of 2012: #32 'Bones' by Ms Mr

I hadn't seen the video for this when I fell in love with the song from this New York duo - but you won't believe me once you've seen it, as its love letter to Soho burlesque is quite risque.  The song itself is that sort of gothy electropop pomp that Florence & The Machine do so well; but here, I feel it is done even better.  I like "beautiful dance that happened by chance" and "leave the soul alone" as lyrics, among other pleasures to be found littered about this song.


Post a Comment