About Eyewear the blog

Eyewear THE BLOG is the most read British poetry blogzine, getting more than 20,000 page-views a month. It began in 2005. The views expressed by editor Todd Swift are not necessarily shared by the contributing poets and reviewers, and vice versa. Eyewear blog is archived by The British Library. Any material on this blog infringing copyright will be removed upon request.


Monday, 3 December 2012

Eyewear's Top Songs of 2012: #23 'I Owe You This' by Chad Valley

Here comes some more 80s pastiche/ homage.  No one came closer to classic '82 new wave in 2012, than Chad Valley, with Twin Shadow, another 80s guy, whose song 'I Owe You This', when not sounding like 'Nocturne' sounded exactly like Tears For Fears.  No, I mean, totally.  I was in heaven when I heard this.  It really was the year that The Hurting came back to haunt us all.

Post a Comment