- Safety Dance - Men Without Hats
- I'm Still Standing - Elton John
- Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran
- Our House - Madness
- Goody Two Shoes - Adam & The Ants
- Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These) - Eurythmics
- Down Under - Men At Work
- Rock The Casbah - The Clash
- She Blinded Me With Science - Thomas Dolby
- Little Red Corvette - Prince
- Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
- Every Breath You Take - The Police
- Electric Avenue - Eddy Grant
- Come On Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners
- Let's Dance - David Bowie
- Mickey - Toni Basil
- Steppin Out - Joe Jackson
- Maneater - Hall & Oates
- Do You Really Want To Hurt Me? - Culture Club
- Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye
TRUMP IS PART OF A HISTORY OF WHITE MALE RAGE Like a crazed killer clown, whether we are thrilled, horrified, shocked, or angered (or al...
I WILL VOTE FOR TRUMP, DAMMIT According to the latest CBS, ABC, etc, polls, Clinton is still likely to beat Trump - by percentile ...
Announcing the Shortlist for the 2016 Sexton Prize September 13, 2016 / By Kelly Davio Eyewear Publishing i...
Jackself by Jacob Polley REVIEWED BY ROSANNA HILDYARD Jackself is a scarecrow made up of lean meat and fat, frost, daws, la...
A TERRIBLE LOSS I have been leaving annual reports here since the first year of posts in 2005. I can't recall a stranger, more stron...
THIS MAN WAS A PREMATURE BREXITEER Britain - long admired as the home of parliamentary democracy, has a history of great struggle with ...
INTRODUCTION TO THE FORTHCOMING COLLECTED POEMS OF TERENCE TILLER FROM EYEWEAR - ON THE POET'S CENTENARYTERENCE TILLER’S LOVELY SHAPES OF RHETORIC : AN INTRODUCTION TO HIS COLLECTED POEMS Terence Tiller died in 1987, in December; 2...
British poet Isabel Galleymore , pictured, won the anniversary competition for the best poem involving eyes, vision or eyewear in a poem... ...
MERLIN WAS THE FUTURE, ONCE... Eyewear, The Blog , usually enjoys compiling end of the year lists. 2016 , now arguably the punch li...
RILEY LOOKS SQUARELY AT DEATH, LANGUAGE, LOSS, AND SORROW AND RISES TO THE OCCASION Denise Riley's new collection, Say Something ...
Friday, 14 December 2012
1983 Is Coming...
It will soon be time to dust off those golden oldies from 1983, via Spotify - and what a year it was, 30 years ago. Just 20 classics from then to consider, each of which remains with me as one of my favourites still, and raises the question, wasn't the singles chart better then? I mean, how to compete with Gaye, Jackson, Bowie, etc...: