Monday, 26 November 2012

Eyewear's Top Songs of 2012: #8 'Rosebud' by The Jezabels

My favourite album of the year is from the prize-winning Australian band, The Jezabels, called Prisoner.  As I wrote earlier this year at this blog, the album is limitless to me in its sonic pleasures - I have listened to it literally three hundred times this year, often before bedtime.  Its shimmering generosity, and drumming panache, reminds me of the best of U2, or Simple Minds, with a dash of Siouxsie.  But it has a radiance all its own.  The high point of the album is 'Rosebud' with its romantic connotations, and hint of Citizen Kane.  It lifts my spirits every time I hear it.




Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Eyewear the blog

Eyewear THE BLOG is the most read British poetry blog-zine of all time, getting more than 25,000 page-views a month. It began in 2005 and has now been read by over 2.5 million.


The views expressed by editor Todd Swift are not necessarily shared by contributing poets and reviewers. Any material on this blog infringing copyright will be removed immediately upon request.
To order books from Eyewear PUBLISHING LIMITED, go to: www.eyewearpublishing.com