Popular Posts

Sunday, 7 October 2012

Mysteries of Faith

I had felt I had lost my faith over the summer.  Post-PhD lapse - or simply the intolerance of some aspects of the current Vatican policies - had exhausted my patience.  Then I went to Mass today in St John's Wood, and was surprised to discover the Year of Faith begins this coming Thursday, October 11.  A year to reflect on faith and faithlessness, on the vacillations of the spirit.  Now, I can't promise miracles, but I feel somewhat renewed today by this happy convergence of my own doubts and needs, and the official programme of the coming year.  Meanwhile, and just as importantly, Hans Kung, a dissenting priest, is raising vital concerns about the future directions of the Church.  There looks like a very enriching debate about renewal to be had in 2013.
Post a Comment