Tuesday, 30 November 2010

New Poem by Peter Oswald


Eyewear is very glad to offer readers a new sonnet by Peter Oswald.  It's very beautiful, I think.

Sonnet

She’s somewhere in the house. I will not go
To find her, right now. Let her be alone,
We will meet later, so I can be slow,
Not even bother with the phone,
Or shrieking of a child or animal,
Unless insistent. I will often stir
For no good reason, she is beautiful,
Focus my vacant gaze to look for her,
As if love was a novel I was loving,
Left in the wrong place, under towels or something,
And it concerns me, it will tell my ending,
Like a sky full of fires. But for the time being,
Let her be everywhere, fill all the rooms
With various possible sweet and bitter dooms.

poem by Peter Oswald; published with permission of the author.
Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Eyewear the blog

Eyewear THE BLOG is the most read British poetry blog-zine of all time, getting more than 25,000 page-views a month. It began in 2005 and has now been read by over 2.5 million.


The views expressed by editor Todd Swift are not necessarily shared by contributing poets and reviewers. Any material on this blog infringing copyright will be removed immediately upon request.
To order books from Eyewear PUBLISHING LIMITED, go to: www.eyewearpublishing.com